Here at Pataula Charter Academy, parental involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including ensuring:
- Parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning,
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school,
- Parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child,
- Other activities are carried out, such as those described in Section 1118 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA).
Pataula Charter Academy provides the following assistance to parents:
- Assisting parent/guardians in understanding the State’s academic content standards and academic achievement standards and goals,
- Assisting parent/guardians in understanding the requirements of Title I Part A,
- Assisting parent/guardians in monitoring their child’s academic progress,
- Assisting parent/guardians in understanding state and local assessments,
- Assisting parent/guardians in knowing how to work with educators to improve achievement,
- Providing the opportunity for parents/guardians to request training on topics and specific workshop opportunities.
In addition, parents will be given help in understanding:
- The state’s academic content standards,
- The state’s student academic achievement standards,
- The state and local academic assessments including alternate assessments ,
- The requirements of Title I, Part A,
- How to monitor their child’s progress.